• Ask, answer, and discuss all things having to do with the product brands that you own, use, and love. Please feel free to look around, and browse about the forum!

• Tips and Tricks Forum is the best source of computer and technology troubleshooting advice from a community of experts.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to Use The Google Keyword Planner Without Setting Up A Campaign
How to Use The Google Keyword Planner Without Setting Up A Campaign
11-04-2014 - 02:44 AM

Hi everyone,
I'm logged into my adwords account, but the only thing showing on the screen is to set up a new ad campaign.  I don't have pull down menus or links to access the Keyword Planner.  How do I access keyword planner? I simply cannot get off of the new ad campaign for adwords.

After that, I google and found some methods on
https://www.en.adwords-community.com/ but it does not work, I even created a NEW account to start over!!! All I want to do is use the keyword planner tools.
I tried signing in using a different browser, no luck, same thing. All the instructions tell me there's supposed to be a drop down menu with tools for accessing this. There is absolutely no drop down menu anywhere and no links to get out of that page whatsoever, I am LOCKED in. I have read other people having this same issue and I have blown hours this afternoon/evening trying to figure this out. Someone suggested checking to make sure I have my admin privileges set up correctly. How can I even access those if I have NO options other than to finish creating my ad...and paying for it

I finnally found the way to solve this issue. There're 2 cases:

1. If you login to your Adwords account at the first time, following these instructions:
- When you login to you Adwords account at the first time, you'll be redirected to the Welcome page. STOP HERE, do not fill in the box: What is your email? or What is your website? Just look around, you'll see the anchor text link: Skip the guided setup as following image:
Just click to Skip the guided setup, after that you can access to dropdown menu with Tools for accessing Keword Planner. Yeah, it's very simple!

2. In this case, you are here:
So how to access to Keyword Planner without setting up this campaign?
It's very simple too, let look at the URL like this: 

Ok, now what you have to do is change 0 to 1 then press Enter, and you will be redirected to the page which has dropdown menu with Tools for accessing Keword Planner.
Here is what I mean:

For more details, you can watch below clip:

RE: How to Use The Google Keyword Planner Without Setting Up A Campaign
11-12-2014 - 07:07 PM

here is the complete guide to use Google Adwords keyword planner with tips and tricks.
(This post was last modified: 12-24-2014 05:15 AM by Administrator.)
RE: How to Use The Google Keyword Planner Without Setting Up A Campaign
12-03-2014 - 10:12 PM

Your method should work on almost browser, I've tried your method on chrome and it works, firefox it won't work, sometime it won't work cause I don't know why. I just found another way to fix this issue.
The frustrating thing is that you cannot access to the Google Adwords menu, if you can access to Google Adwords's menu it means that you're done! So now you have to find a way to access that menu:

If you get taken back through the loop of create a new campaign on Google Adwords account, you can follow these instructions:

1. Clear out your cookies / cache / history etc on your browser.

2. Just only click to this link: 

3. You will be redirected to: Campaign Management page as follow image:

4. Yeah, now you can access to the Google Adwords menu, click to Tools -> Keyword Planner and using it!