• Ask, answer, and discuss all things having to do with the product brands that you own, use, and love. Please feel free to look around, and browse about the forum!

• Tips and Tricks Forum is the best source of computer and technology troubleshooting advice from a community of experts.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UNIpath trouble
UNIpath trouble
03-11-2014 - 10:34 PM
 LogRem

Hello i have a a problem with the UNIPATH being changed on shortcuts when i open the program without connection to the Network.

the file is directed to W:\ (which is a network drive) when ever the PC is in house.

But as soon as i open the computer outside the network Windows says the shortcut is broken and wants to delete it. however even though i press no Windows still changes the path from W:\ to \\domain\program.

Is there anyway of preventing Windows from doing this?

RE: UNIpath trouble
03-11-2014 - 10:54 PM
 Administrator
Administrator

Hi LogRem,
I think when Windows says the shortcut is broken and wants to delete it, your directory or path to your directory has changed. You have to access to your folder then create another shortcut.
03-11-2014 - 11:08 PM
 LogRem

Yes that does seem to be the problem but i was wondering if there was a way to lock the settings so that the path dosent change. even though the path is not physically there anymore? In a sense preventing windows from changing the path? so that when the user plugs the computer back into the docking station and is able to access the network the shorcut would still work?
03-12-2014 - 06:58 PM
 Administrator
Administrator

Would you take a sreenshot? It's hard to know what exactly your issue is!