• Ask, answer, and discuss all things having to do with the product brands that you own, use, and love. Please feel free to look around, and browse about the forum!

• Tips and Tricks Forum is the best source of computer and technology troubleshooting advice from a community of experts.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to install apps with .deb files to your iPhone using i-FunBox
How to install apps with .deb files to your iPhone using i-FunBox
12-10-2013 - 01:31 AM

Many apps which have .deb files extention so when you download them you ineed don't know how to install these apps to your iPhone. In this article, I will show you some tips and tricks to install them using i-FunBox. This application is very useful. With i-FunBox you have access to folders on your iPhone such as: Wallpapers, Installous downloaded .ipa files, Camera, Ringtones installed in your iPhone, Voice Memos and also Raw File System if you are a hardcore player. The easiest way to install downloaded apps from internet to your iPhone from your Computer is this i-FunBox application.

Notice: Your iPhone needs to be Jailbroken.

Step 1:  Download i-FunBox:
- i-FunBox for Windows: 
- i-Funbox for Mac: http://dl.i-funbox.com/

Step 2: 

To install your downloaded apps into your iPhone first check that your files end in .deb so this assures that these files are the ones I was talking about earlier (iPhone Setup Files). If you are done with that, than the trick is pretty simple. 

Next open i-FunBox. We will use a feature called Cydia App Install as shown in the picture below.

Step 3: 

After you click on Cydia App Install just click and drag the .deb file(s) [applications] you want to install in your iPhone in the part as shown in the next picture and wait for it to transfer to your iPhone. And you are done.
And the Last thing you will need to do is reboot your iPhone 2 times. The reason you reboot your iPhone 2 times is:
  1. After the first reboot your iPhone installes the app
  2. After the second reboot your app installed will be usable, so don’t leave it to chance with not doing the second reboot, because you will need to do the whole procedure again.
I hope this app helps you in many other ways not in just installing apps to your iPhone. 
Related Tips:
(This post was last modified: 12-10-2013 01:33 AM by fjam.)