We already showed you How to remove SkyDrive from the Explorer navigation pane
. And if your Windows 8.1 is Pro or Enterprise edition and you are not familiar with some registry tweaks, you still can completely disable SkyDrive by using Group Policy to remove it.
If you disable SkyDrive Integration in your machine:
• Users can’t access SkyDrive from the SkyDrive app and file picker.
• Windows Store apps can’t access SkyDrive using the WinRT API.
• SkyDrive doesn’t appear in the navigation pane in File Explorer.
• SkyDrive files aren’t kept in sync with the cloud.
• Users can’t automatically upload photos and videos from the camera roll folder.
You must be logged on to Windows 8.1 as an administrator in order to perform these steps below.
key to open the Run
Type in gpedit.msc
> press Enter to open Local Group Policy Editor
In the left pane, navigate to Computer Configuration
> Administrative Templates
> Windows Components
On the right pane of SkyDrive
, double click on Prevent the usage of SkyDrive for file storage
then click on the OK
button and close the Group Policy Editor.
Now open file Explorer, you will no longer see SkyDrive in the navigation pane.
And open SkyDrive app on your Start screen, it’s already blocked.
Related tips and tutorials:
(This post was last modified: 11-26-2013 01:42 PM by blackguy.)