• Ask, answer, and discuss all things having to do with the product brands that you own, use, and love. Please feel free to look around, and browse about the forum!

• Tips and Tricks Forum is the best source of computer and technology troubleshooting advice from a community of experts.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4 important things you should do before start upgrading/installing to Windows 8.1
4 important things you should do before start upgrading/installing to Windows 8.1
11-14-2013 - 07:17 PM
 TerryNet

There are 4 important tips you should do before you start upgrading or installing to Windows 8.1 avoid unexpected errors such as: Error code 0x8007002C - 0x2000D.

Let’s try the following tips before upgrading or installing Windows 8.1 and check if it helps.

Quote:Note: Please take a Backup of all important data before you install.

The first:

I would suggest you to download and install al the latest chipset drivers and Hardware Driver update from the manufactures’ website.

The second:

I would suggest you to disconnect all the external devices except mouse and keyboard and check if it helps.

This will helps us to find out, if the issue is due to external devices or operating system files.

The 3rd:

I would suggest you to reset the Store cache and check if it helps.
Please follow the steps given below.
  • Press "Windows + R" key on the keyboard to open Run window.
  • In the Run window type "wsreset.exe" and then click ok it will clear all the cache in Windows store.

The 4th:

I would suggest you to disable the Security Software and check if it helps.

Quote:Note: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install other software, you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

In addition, you should read carefully Microsoft upgrading/installing information: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windo...8-tutorial

Hope it helps.

If you have any other questions or you need any other information about Windows, feel free to post your questions and we will be glad to help.
________________________________________________________________________________​_____________________________
Related Tips
(This post was last modified: 11-15-2013 12:00 PM by Administrator.)