• Ask, answer, and discuss all things having to do with the product brands that you own, use, and love. Please feel free to look around, and browse about the forum!

• Tips and Tricks Forum is the best source of computer and technology troubleshooting advice from a community of experts.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
7 steps to rename batch files(multiple files)
11-05-2013 - 09:06 PM
 fjam

Sometime you need to rename batch (multiple) files for example: rename multiple photo or image files, doc files, txt files etc,
Windows comes with a variety of ways to rename multiples files at once from Windows Explorer, the Command Prompt, or PowerShell as the article in the website howtogeek.com here is it: http://www.howtogeek.com/111859/
But this method is not a powerful method, Windows will rename all files for exemple:
- Input file: pic-12.jpg, pic-13.jpg, pic-14.jpg ...
- Output renamed file: vacation (1).jpg, vacation (2).jpg, vacation (3).jpg ...
It's look ugly and you cannot customize options for example: if i want to trim the letters "pic-" and unchanged the remaining so how can i do that?

So i will show you how to rename batch (multiple) files as whatever you want. Let start!
Download Advanced Renamer Setup: http://www.mediafire.com/?od1h6p783tusgy2

Step 1: Choose Folder Panel
Step 2: Choose the folder contain the files that you want to rename them.
Step 3: Click to Add selected.
Step 4: Click to OK
Step 5: You will see the list of your files.
Step 6: Click to method that you want to use for example: Trim -> this method for trim the file names, or New name ...
Step 7: After choose the suitable name that you want click to START BATCH.

Enjoy!

Related Tips:
(This post was last modified: 11-05-2013 09:21 PM by fjam.)