Hey dude, I found some solutions from other pages for your issue. Please try one of them and check if it can help you.
Check and install all available updates from Windows Update and device drivers updates from your PC's manufacturer before downloading Windows 8.1.
Then go back to the App Store and try the update.
Did you install any anti-virus or security software on your PC? Try to uninstall or disable all of them, and then re- install Windows 8.1 and check if it resolves the issue. If not, try the 3rd method.
Did you use wireless or mobile broadband service like Verizon 4G LTE, AT&T 4G LTE, ...to make the update? Switch to other alternative Internet service and try the update.
Use the SFC /SCANNOW (System File Checker)
Note: If SFC could not fix something, then run the command again to see if it may be able to the next time. Sometimes it may take running the sfc /scannow command 3 times restarting the PC after each time to completely fix everything that it's able to.
- Press the Windows button + X + A to open Command Prompt as Administrator.
- Type sfc /scannow and press Enter.
- If sfc /scannow did actually repair any files > Restart your computer and try updating again.
- If a SFC /SCANNOW command is unable to repair corrupted system files, try to fix it using DISM. Type this command in the Command Prompt window:
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
Once done, restart your computer and try updating again.
Use the feature Automatic Repair
Solution 6: Refresh your PC
- Press the Windows button + S to open Search
- Type Advanced Startup Options and press enter.
- Click on the result “Change Advanced Startup Options” it will open the PC Settings.
- Scroll down and look for “Advanced Startup” and click Restart Now.
- Next, choose ‘Troubleshoot’ > Advanced options and finally press Automatic Repair.
- Press the Windows button + I to open Settings, and then click Change PC settings.
- Click Update and recovery, and then tap or click Recovery.
- Under Refresh your PC without affecting your files, click Get started.
- Follow the instructions on the screen.
I hope you can find one of these solutions can help to solve your problem. Let me know if you have any question.
Related tips and tutorials: