• Ask, answer, and discuss all things having to do with the product brands that you own, use, and love. Please feel free to look around, and browse about the forum!

• Tips and Tricks Forum is the best source of computer and technology troubleshooting advice from a community of experts.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Lumia 920 is stuck at the spinning gears and not able to start.
My Lumia 920 is stuck at the spinning gears and not able to start.
10-16-2013 - 01:09 AM
 coolboy
TNTFer

I have reset my Lumia 920; however, after restarting it is stuck at the spinning gears screen and remains for several hours. Anyone knows how to resolve this problem. Please help.

[Image: 1_zps9d080a47.png]
RE: My Lumia 920 is stuck at the spinning gears and not able to start.
10-16-2013 - 01:24 AM
 blackguy
Administrator

Did you try the simple workarounds that press and hold the power and volume down key until the phone vibrates? After this, the phone should start up normally. I have read this on the Nokia website.
10-16-2013 - 01:38 AM
 coolboy
TNTFer

I've tried that trick, but it stays the same.
10-16-2013 - 02:23 AM
 blackguy
Administrator

Hey dude, Nokia has recently updated the “Nokia Software Updater (NSU) for Retail” to the version 4.1.0 which included an option called “My device does not boot up”. Maybe it can help you solve the trouble.
Step 1: Download and install the NSU for retail 4.1.0 on your PC (the operating system must be Windows 7 or 8)
Step 2: Connect your Lumia phone to PC with a USB cable, open NSU and click on "My device doesn't boot up" button.
[Image: 2_zps351b3b38.png]

Step 3: At the screen "Recover Windows Phone 8 device", click on Continue.
[Image: 3_zps6c22ba99.jpg]

Step 4: When the screen "Please follow these instructions to recovery your device" appears, press and hold the power and volume down key until the phone vibrates, then press the OK button on NSU screen.
[Image: 4_zps08bc3076.jpg]

Step 5: When your PC recognizes your Lumia model, the NSU will take over the rest. The computer will ask to recover your phone by 1GB of firmware. Just click OK and wait until your Lumia revives.